The collect, buffer, feed system is an electromagnetic driven rail bound transport system that positions these buckets under various dosing units. They are filled and then transported and staged (or buffered) to be fed into the VFFS or SBS machine. The system is synchronized with the upstream and downstream units yet each bucket can be controlled independently as well.
1. How flexible is it really?
- Different filling tactics – mixed and alternating dosing
- Different cutoff lengths are possible for each package
- Different specific container designs can be used for different product types
- Product specific container design
- Each container can be triggered separately
- System is expandable for future adaptions
2. What filling components can be used with the CBF?
Volumetric Cup Fillers, Multihead Weighers and Linear Counters/ Weighers are all possible
3. How many shuttles can it have?
Minimum: one shuttle for each filler
Maximum: arbitrary but restricted by length of the maglev and buffer sections
4. How many filling components can be used above it?
From one to fifty, if necessary
5. What are the minimum and maximum dose sizes we can fill?
Dose sizes are variable in size and form, min. 1 pcs max. 5.000 gr per shuttle
6. What about performance conditions?
System needs to be simulated in concept phase to determine speed and feasibility.